Custom Sharepoint field type

I had a problem when i was doing a custom sharepoint field type. I was getting:

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

The first time i did the xml definition for my custom field i made a mistake and put the type as text instead of datetime and imediatly corrected it.

after that i kept getting that error. It happened only when i edited it and not when i was inserting. After sometime i realize dthat the problem was due to the fact that sharepoint did not update my changes to the xml definition so it was expecting text and not datetime.

so i changed my assembly name and it’s name in the xml and everything went ok this time.

so be carefull when you make your xml.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s